Green, gold and glorious – all hail the avocado! And to celebrate this noble fruit in style Angel City Brewery created its Avocado Ale! And to mark this occasion Angel City Brewery will be having its 3rd Annual Avocado Festival on this Sunday August 9, 12-8 pm.
“Avocado Ale and Avocado Fest have come to be a summer staple for us,” said Angel City’s Melissa Corbin. “Avocado is the state fruit and a California commodity – and frankly one of our favorite foods. Using it as the base of a beer recipe seemed like a natural idea. The resulting ale is delicious and we have a great time both making it and celebrating it.”
Beyond the beer, Angel City has a full lineup of events for the day, including:
▪ Avocado Ale food pairings by The Surfer Taco, Brewwings, Si Paletas & The Green Truck
▪ Brewer-led tours with a focus on the Avocado Ale brewing process
▪ Live chalk art
▪ Specialty flight bars
▪ Avocado Bazaar presented by Raven Gypsies
▪ Avocado Amusements, including avocado corn hole and an avocado hunt
▪ Avocado photo booth
▪ Gallery exhibit by PJ Andrews
▪ Live music in their beer hall by the likes of Michelle E. Buzz, Team Vendetta, Angeles Flight, Fungame, Seaghouls, Denmantau, The Bloodhounds
The 21+ event, which runs from 12-8pm, will benefit Food Forward, a local non-profit whose mission is to rescue fresh, local produce that would otherwise go to waste, and provide it to people in need, while inspiring others to do the same. $1 from every pint of Avocado Ale sold at the event between 12-8pm will be tallied up by their handy cash register and donated to Food Forward.
Here's to life being delicious and full of avocados!