Hallmark Channel's Alison Sweeney’s Blueberry Salad Flatbread
By Omid Vojdani of Succeed With Omid
As a fitness professional, it is my job to not only create exercise programs that are safe and effective for my clients, but also to provide as much information on nutrition as I can. For easy to make, low calorie, and delicious recipes, one of my favorite sources is Alison Sweeney. Whether it is through her book, The Mommy Diet, or through her many television appearances, Alison has shared some of the best recipes to show that healthy food does not have to taste like cardboard, and I’ve happily shared many of her recipes with my own clients.
So naturally, I was super excited to be able to share one of her awesome recipes with the Edible Skinny audience. Alison’s Blueberry Salad Flatbread is low calorie, easy to make, and most importantly delicious.
Blueberry Salad Flatbread
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
2 cups packed mixed baby greens
½ cup frozen blueberries, thawed
1 Tbs. thinly sliced red onion (about 1-inch long pieces)
1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon honey
1/8 tsp. kosher salt
1/16 tsp. cracked black pepper
½ teaspoon lemon zest
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
2. On lightly floured surface roll each dough piece into oblong shape about 11-inches long. Arrange dough’s on baking sheet and bake 8 minutes or until just beginning to cook through.
3. Remove from oven and top each dough piece with ½ cup shredded cheese. Place flatbreads directly on oven rack, cheese sides up, and cook until cheese is melted and slightly golden and flatbread is crispy, 8-10 minutes.
4. Meanwhile in bowl combine olive oil, lemon juice, honey, kosher salt and cracked black pepper. Add mixed baby greens, blueberries and red onion and toss until lightly coated.
5. Arrange salad mixture on flatbreads, dividing evenly, and sprinkle with lemon zest. Cut and serve.
Yield: 16-20 pieces
For more of the amazing Alison Sweeney, her latest acting role is The Irresistible Blueberry Farm, which airs October 2nd on Hallmark at 9pm. She is also hosting the Halloween special of the Kids Baking Championship with Duff Goldman October 5th on The Food Network, which looks like it will be another great source of some awesome recipes that I can’t wait to try!
Here’s to life being delicious, and to more Alison Sweeney sharing her deliciousness with the world!