Right off the heels of the San Diego Sriracha Festival friend of Edible Skinny Randy Clemens (author of The Sriracha Cookbook and the Veggie-Lovers Sriracha Cookbook) is bringing the rooster sauce festival back to LA with his 2nd Annual Los Angeles Sriracha Festival happening Sunday October 19th at Chinatown’s historic Central Plaza.
This chef-driven, all-inclusive, 21+ event from The Sriracha Cookbook and Food GPS spotlights the world's most iconic hot sauce at a unique, historical venue. Multiple stations allow guests to enjoy a variety of Sriracha-themed dishes, including desserts, at their own pace. Local craft beer, cocktails, sodas, iced coffee and iced tea help tame the heat while a live DJ set helps create a fun and unforgettable food and drink experience.
Special Sriracha-spiked dishes from some of LA’s best chefs and restaurants participating in this year’s event include:
- BEACHWOOD BBQ Gabe Gordon –Top 10 Orange County Barbecue Restaurant, Gayot
- EAGLE ROCK BREWERY PUBLIC HOUSE Jerry Su – Opening This September, Los Angeles Magazine, 2014
- EASTSIDE MARKET ITALIAN DELIVito Angiuli –Featured on Food Network’s “Diners, Drive-ins and Dives”
- EGGSLUT Alvin Cailan & Johnny Lee –Best Thing We Ate, Zagat, 2013
- THE GADARENESWINE + SCRATCH BAR Phillip Frankland Lee –Featured on Esquire Network’s “Knife Fight,” Season 1
- GREENSPAN'S GRILLED CHEESE Eric Greenspan –Grilled Cheese named #3 Comfort Food in America, The Food Network
- JITLADA Tui Sungkamee + Jazz Singsanong –Jonathan Gold’s Best Los Angeles Restaurants, Los Angeles Times, 2013
- KOMODO Erwin Tjahyadi –Voted one of the 10 Best Food Trucks in America by GQ Magazine, 2009
- LITTLE JEWEL OF NEW ORLEANS Marcus Christiana-Beniger –14 Things You Need To Eat In LA This Fall, Thrillist, 2014
- MEI LIN Mei Lin –Featured on Bravo Network’s “Top Chef,” Season 12
- MENDOCINO FARMS Judy Han –Best Sandwich Downtown, Maybe Anywhere: Mendocino Farms, Eater LA, 2010
- MUD HEN TAVERNKajsa Alger –6 New LA Restaurants You Need To Book A Table At Immediately, Thrillist, 2013
- SHOPHOUSE SOUTHEAST ASIAN KITCHEN Nate Appleman – Rising Star Chef Award, James Beard Foundation, 2009
- SQIRL Jessica Koslow –Top 10 Restaurant in Los Angeles, LA Weekly, 2014
- WILLY B's Christian Page –The Best of LA, “7 Local Hot Sauces for Spice Lovers,” Los Angeles Magazine, 2014
“The response from our first Sriracha festival in L.A. was absolutely amazing,” says Randy Clemens, co-organizer of the Sriracha Festivals, as well as author of The Sriracha Cookbook and The Veggie-Lover’s Sriracha Cookbook. “We knew right away we had to host another. I’m excited just looking at the line-up of people we’ve got participating!”
A portion of proceeds from the Los Angeles Sriracha Festival will directly benefit Food Forward; a Los Angeles-based 501.c.3 nonprofit whose mission is to rescue fresh local produce that would otherwise go to waste, connecting this abundance with people in need. Over 5 million pounds of fruits and vegetables have been gleaned and donated to local food pantries since 2009, helping feed over 100,000 food-insecure Southern Californians each month.
General Admission tickets include all food and drink, cost $59 per person in advance, and $69 per person at the door, if still available. Tickets are only available for people 21+ and are for sale at http://sriracha.nightout.com